Hey guys 👋 today I want to share with you a quick and easy garnish made with apple, cinnamon sugar and mint.
You will need
- An 🍎 apple
- Mint sprigs
- Caster (super fine) sugar (1/4 cup should be plenty for a few garnishes)
- 1-2 teaspoons of Cinnamon powder( depending on how much you like cinnamon)
- Melon baller
- Blow torch (same as what you’d use to make the toffee layer on a creme brûlée)
- Make the cinnamon sugar by mixing the caster sugar and cinnamon powder in a bowl (I lined mine with baking paper for easier clean up).
- Peel the skin off the apple then using a melon baller make as many apple spheres as you need. You won’t get a perfectly crisp ball shape with an apple (or it’ll be a lot harder) due to the texture. Don’t worry about this as it won’t influence the final outcome.
- Using a skewer , poke a hole to about half way into the apple sphere.
- Insert a sprig of mint.
- Dip the apple into the cinnamon sugar (you might get some sugar on the mint as well. If this bothers you, insert the mint after dipping the apple in the sugar).
- Blow torch on a heatproof surface (don’t have baking paper as a liner – it will burn 😂- happened to me) and caramelise the sugar. Try avoid the flame 🔥 touching the mint as it will burn (evident at the stem in above pic).
- Use this garnish for drinks/cocktails with cinnamon/apple flavours. I’ve not yet posted this photo so I can’t show you the whole pic sorry !
This garnish does not just look cool but tastes really delicious 😋 too!
Feel free to email or leave a comment for any questions and subscribe for more recipes like this one ! Also check out my Instagram if you haven’t already @onedrinkaday ! Have a great Sunday everyone and happy Mother’s Day !