Apple roses are beautiful but can also serve to add an extra layer of flavour when used as a cocktail garnish.
1.You’ll need apples, a vegetable peeler and some tea (although this is optional). Here I have blood orange tea, butterfly pea tea as well as some Turmeric powder with a cinnamon stick.
2. While the kettle is boiling slice the apples then squeeze over some lemon juice. This will prevent the apples from going brown.
3. Once you brew your tea. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes so it’s not boiling hot.
4. Divide the apples evenly into 3 portions (I actually divided mine into 4 – I’m making a non coloured apple rose) and soak in the tea.
5. After about 5 minutes the apples should be soft/pliable and the colour should have taken. Gently wring out the excess tea with your hands.
6. Line up the slices like so.
7. Roll tightly!
8. Once you have rolled the apples, gently open the layers to form a rose. The apple rose should hold pretty well and not require any toothpicks to secure it.
There are so many colours and flavours you can achieve with this preocess.
Garnish your GnTs with these apple roses.