This lipstick garnish is made using cucumber and watermelon. It’s a cute little garnish you can make for themed events, beauty/fashion functions, bridal parties, etc.
1. Cut a rectangle shape from a cucumber. Use a ruler or cookie cutter for more precision.
2. Cut a smaller rectangular piece. I’ve used the skin side to create colour contrast but it’s not necessary. It just has to be smaller in size.
3. Secure the two pieces together like so using a toothpick.
4. Use an apple corer to cut out a cylindrical piece of watermelon.
5. The watermelon piece needs to be thinner than the (small) cucumber piece. I used a vegetable peeler to shave it down to size. I’m sure you can buy a mini cookie cutter of some sort to make life easier.
6. Cut the watermelon cylinder on an angle.
7. Insert a toothpick in the cucumber and slide the watermelon on.
A lipstick made from cucumber and watermelon.