Hey 👋 guys ! Today I want to share with you a cocktail 🍹I uploaded on my Instagram ( https://instagram.com/p/BTTLE0ADPSR/ ) a couple of days ago. If you are a fan of lemon, this recipe is a ‘must try’. It’s a vodka based cocktail, shaken with limoncello and muddled blueberries then completed by a generous topping of a lemon 🍋and thyme infused granita !
- Lemon granita: 1cup water, 2/3 cup sugar, zest of a whole lemon, 2/3 cup lemon juice and 4thyme sprigs.
- Handful of blueberries
- 30mls vodka: I used Alaskan Rock vodka
- 15mls limoncello: I used Sovrano Limoncello
- Thyme sprigs
- Lemon wedges
- The first thing to make is the lemon and thyme granita. This can take up to 6-8 hours (so factor this).
- Lemon thyme granita : Combine all the ingredients in a pan and heat on medium for 10mins (until the sugar is dissolved). Cool this mixture to room temp (leave it in the fridge to speed up the process) then remove the thyme sprigs. Place into the freezer (covered) for 4 hours (or until frozen). Scrape the frozen mix with a fork – until it resembles a granita consistency. Place the granita back into the freezer for at least 2 hours (or until needed).
Final product : love the lemon rind !
- In a cocktail shaker combine the vodka , limoncello and blueberries then muddle gently.
- Shake with ice and double strain into a glass (prepped with ice).
- Top the glass up with soda water till about 3/4 full and drop in a few blueberries.
- Carefully spoon a heap of granita on top and garnish with thyme sprigs.
- You can strain the granita before freezing if you want to remove the lemon rind.
- Make sure you have lots of ice in the glass and don’t over fill with soda water. Otherwise the granita will melt too quickly and the glass will overflow !
- Freeze the granita in a shallow dish.
Leave a comment or email if you need any help or clarification and subscribe for more recipes like this one ! Also, follow me on Instagram @onedrinkaday (link in homepage) to see many more drinks and cocktails presented with style !